Thursday, March 5, 2009

4x4in Through the Memories



Aunt Donnell or as she preferred for a time it pronounced Dnell, has given me several interesting memories. Donnell is my moms baby sister, and she was young enough during my time in the old nest, that i remember her as a teenager. I vaguely remember her all dolled up for prom, but more importantly i remember how she was always trying to trick me! off the top of my head i recall one day we were in grandma, and grandpas bedroom and they had one of those heated blankets on the bed, and as i was laying there i felt that round electrical transformer tube thingy embedded in the blanket. being the inquisitive young lad i was, i asked the nearest "adult" what it was, of course with full sincerity she explained that it was a finger sewn in there from the factory after a terrible accident. Even though im sure i put up a resounding nuh uh, little doubts lingered in my susceptible brain for some time.

Another time she was eating those licorice bits, and as i was munchin one, she decided to let me in on a little secret that they were really bits of body parts.(I think she was a rather disturbed child).

She wasnt always on the winning side though:
In 1986(7 years old) she took me to McDonald's and got me a happy meal, and inside that joy filled box was a tiny hamburger, 3 fries, and a Stomper Mini 4X4, I can't remember which one it was exactly it was either the Chevy Van or the Toyota tercel. As it turns out this was the last one she needed to finish her collection, and she wanted it bad, she tried to bribe me with several things till she got to the cold hard cash. $5 could have been mine but no, that toy was not going to leave my greasy little hand.

My priorities have definantly changed over time, and Donnell just wondering, still up for that trade??

1 comment:

Gail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.